Charity Fair Project Blog

Presentation:



Summary: Ever wonder about all the animals that were alive, even ten years ago. Well it may not seem like a lot has changed since then. But trust me, it has. About 10,000 species of animals go extinct every year, and who's fault is it? Ours. Most of these extinctions are our fault, from destroying they're habitat to killing them for some thing they have. An example is the west African black rhino, (Slide 3) humans killed them for their ivory and sold it. However there is a charity that can help with the issue of endangered animals. That charity is the World Wildlife Fund, or the WWF for short. The way they help america's crisis of endangered animals is by making sure that public land owners use their areas as a vital habitat for some species. They also work with ranches and farms throughout the great plains to make sustainable livestock for the animals. Now lets talk about money. WWF gives 85% of the money they receive to helping animals. So if you were to give them a dollar, 85 cents would go to the cause, 4 cents would go to paying the employees, and 11 cents would go to marketing. So if you believe that endangered animals is a real problem, please donate to this charity. World Wildlife Fund

Backward: I have always known about the problem of endangered animals. However, I never knew it was such a big problem. As well as I never expected that most of the causes of the animals extinctions are humans fault.

Inward: I thought that what we did was good for most areas of the project. I thought that our presentation was very good and opened up peoples perspective on the topic. The instructable we made described exactly how to make our product. The mathematics involved in the project was all correct. The only thing was we could have made our tri-fold have more "curb appeal". I think that if our tri-fold was more eye-catching we could have had more customers.

Outward: Everyone had the same requirements for the project. However you could choose whatever charity you want (with some restriction) and make whatever you want (also some restrictions). You had to make a presentation, you had to develop a cost and profit doc, make an instructable, and create a poster. 

Forward: If I had to do this piece again I would re-choose my group. If someone were to ask me what I did for this project, I would most likely be listing almost all of the components of this project. As well as we made a mess in my kitchen, twice. I was the one sacrificing all my time on this project, and it wasn't fair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amedeo Avogadro - 5/27/18

Roller Coaster Project Blog - 2/18/18

Wave Communication - 3/25/18