Amedeo Avogadro - 5/27/18



Summary: Amedeo Avogadro was an Italian scientist who created what is now known as Avogadro's law. Known as a founder of the atomic-molecular theory, he was the first scientist to realize that elements could exist in the form of molecules rather than as individual atoms. His biggest contribution to science, Avogadro’s law, states that equal volumes of gasses under the same conditions of pressure and temperature will contain an equal number of molecules. Amedeo Avogadro was born on August 9th 1776 to Filippo Avogadro and Anna Maria Vercellone. Coming from a family of lawyers, Advogadro was guided to a legal career, and became a bachelor of jurisprudence in 1792. Despite a successful legal career; Avogadro has started private studies of mathematics and physics, which then he pursued full time.

SP8 - Communicating Information: This week, I communicated information in the form of a wanted poster about a certain scientist. I decided to create a wanted poster about Amedeo Avogadro. After researching about my scientist, I put certain information about him onto my wanted poster. This includes things like date of birth, family, education, and contributions to science. After creating my poster, I shared the information I gathered through Flipgrid. With a short Flipgrid video summarizing what I learned about my scientist, I was able to communicate information about my scientist to my peers.

XXC - Patterns: While researching Amedeo Avogadro, I noticed some patterns involving new discoveries. When people make new discoveries, have it being in chemistry or in physics, the community in that field always had negative feedback. The pattern I noticed is that whenever someone makes a new discovery, they never get praised right away. In fact, they usually get hate for it. Then after their death, someone else comes along and proves that whoever made this discovery was correct, and then they are praised, but it is too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roller Coaster Project Blog - 2/18/18

Wave Communication - 3/25/18