minerals 3/06

Summary
This week we had an assignment where we had to chose a mineral and we had to learn about it and find the description,physical features,what varieties exist,where is it abundantly found,how it's formed,if it's mined or not, and unique features.

Surprise 
This week I was surprised when I was doing research on my mineral ( graphite) and I found out that graphite is related to diamond (same chemical formula) but they are they couldn't be more alike.
Example: diamond is the hardest of minerals, graphite one of the softest; diamond is transparent, graphite opaque; and diamond is almost twice as dense as graphite. 

Backward
I knew things about other minerals before we started, like I knew that diamond was the hardest mineral and I knew that quartz is the second most abundant mineral on earths crust.
One thing I learned, however, is that uses for graphite include refractories, batteries
 steel making and brake linings.

Inward
I felt good about my work this week because I was able to finish m jilster two days before it was due.This might mean it's not my best work but the reason I finished early is because I finished at home and did most of my work at home.

Outward

I did not do my work like other people, I did it differently than my peers because I must have been the only person who didn't keep notes. When I found the information I needed I immediately put on my jilster page.

Forward
One thing I would like to improve on is the way I find information. I want to be a person that finds the best websites with the best information. Not just go to the first website I see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amedeo Avogadro - 5/27/18

Roller Coaster Project Blog - 2/18/18

Wave Communication - 3/25/18