Message in a Bottle 4/18-4/24



Summary
Ocean currents can bring bottles almost all around the world. We were given two locations and had to figure out how currents could bring the bottle from one area to the other. This familiarization included the temperature and salinity of specific currents. In my set of currents, there were two neutral currents and 1 cold current. I also learned how the different currents interact with each other. This is a way that this bottle can get from Tasmania to Namibia if it takes the right currents. 

Backward-Looking: How much did you know about the subject before we started?
I actually new a lot about currents before we started this project. I was already very familiar with density which plays a key role in how the currents form/work. There were things that I never thought about before this such as how land masses affect how the currents move.

Inward-Looking: How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work? I liked this piece of work because I love ocean currents and I loved learning more about them. Also we were able to take a fun concept (current) and make it into a cool, fun story.

Outward-Looking: Did you do your work the way other people did theirs? Now with this project we were all asigned the same thing. We had to make a map and wright a story. But the differnece was there were all type of sets of currents and families. Meaning there were only about 2-3 people per set of ocean currents.

Forward-Looking: What would you change if you had a chance to do this piece over again? I wouldn't change anything. I belie that I did what I wanted and I had all the decision making to myself so I didn't make any choices I didn't like. I wouldn't change anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amedeo Avogadro - 5/27/18

Roller Coaster Project Blog - 2/18/18

Wave Communication - 3/25/18