River Project: The Amazon River


Summary
The Amazon river is the second longest river in the world, only being surpassed by the Nile. It is around 4,000 miles long and goes through countries such as  Bolivia, Guyana, Ecuador, Venezuela, Brazil, Colombia and Peru. The Amazon river mostly runs through jungle, meaning that people did not alter the course of the river in many areas. There are a lot of tribes around the river that use the it as a sources of water. Many of the people in this region have a belief called animism. They believe that every living thing has a soul. There are a lot of minerals and plants in or around the Amazon river that make it popular with investors. The Amazon river is threatened by factories and logging done by people. In Ecuador they are especially threatened by the oil industry in that area. 

Backward-Looking
I knew a lot about rivers already. I had studied them many times in previous grades. Now the Amazon river I did not know much about. The only thing I knew about the Amazon is that it was the 2nd longest and 4000 miles long. I had no idea that there are over 400 tribes currently in the Amazon rain forest/river. One thing I learned throughout this topic are river vocabulary. Out of all the river words we learned I probably only knew one. I didn't know what meander was or what a delta was,etc. But know I learned that a meander is just a turn in a river.

Inward-Looking
This piece of work I thought was good. I thought that our group was a good group and we managed to stay on task. The thing I liked most was that we always had a plan on what to do and how to do it. One thing I didn't like is that in our group the amount of work was not shared evenly. This means that some people had to more while some had to do less. Overall I think that this was a good project and our group was able to accelerate over the standards.

Outward-Looking
The one major difference between us and other groups is that we had different rivers. The other big difference is you chose between a slideshow or a video/documentary. Besides that all groups had the same requirements no matter what they were doing, also everyone had almost the same plan. You would gather all the research then put the research into a script then film/practice.

Forward-Looking
If I had to redo this piece again I would have Vinson be more in the video. We could not get him into a lot of shots because of his schedule and we didn't have much time to re edit the script to add him in more. Besides that I think our group managed well and did a good job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amedeo Avogadro - 5/27/18

Roller Coaster Project Blog - 2/18/18

Wave Communication - 3/25/18